Therefore we will understand the final draft on Agriculture under India’s Presidency of G20 after Chandigarh meet unambiguously and in that sense 2nd Agriculture Working Group meeting in Chandigarh will be crucial for Draft on Agriculture.
Chandigarh 2nd Agriculture Working Group Meeting Is Crucial for Final G20 Draft on Agriculture
Chandigarh (ABC Live): The 2nd Agriculture Working Group meeting of G20 is all set to begin today held in city beautiful, Chandigarh to 31/03/2023.
It is on records that the 1st Agriculture Working Group meeting was held in Indore from 13/02/2023 to 15/02/2023.
As per the documents released in Indore meeting, following presentations were made during deliberations of G20;
- Tropical Agriculture Platform (TAP) presented by Food and Agriculture Organization
- Stock taking of G-20 initiatives in Agriculture presented by The Wheat Initiative.
- Managing Risks to Improve Farmers’ Livelihoods and Ensure Resilient Agricultural Systems presented by The Platform for Agricultural Risk Management & IFAD.
- Technical Platform on the Measurement and Reduction of Food Loss and Waste presented by Rosa S. Rolle, PhD of FAO.
- Climate change and food system sustainability Challenges and solutions presented by Rob Vos of Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research.
- Leveraging tech solutions for climate smart agriculture: the role of policies presented by Guillaume Gruere, Ph.D of OECD
- Climate-Smart Agriculture for Livelihoods Protection and Opportunities presented by Venkatachalam Anbumozhi of Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
- Changing farming for a changing climate presented by Geeta Sethi of World Bank
- Harnessing Technology Revolutionizing Agriculture presented by Kunal of Cropin
- Adoption of Climate Smart Agriculture by smallholder farmers in India presented by Dr Srivalli Krishnan of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Innovative Financing Mechanisms for Climate-smart Agriculture presented by Naveen of ADB.
Now in 2nd Agriculture Working Group meeting in Chandigarh will further work on all the above presentations already made and apart these presentations, inputs from T20 group, the official think-tank responsible of India’s Presidency and work done during 2nd Agriculture Working Group meeting in Chandigarh will pave ways for 3rd Agriculture Working Group meeting to be held in Varanasi w.e.f 17th - 19th April, 2023
Therefore we can able to understand the final draft on Agriculture under India’s Presidency of G20 after Chandigarh meet more clearly and in that sense 2nd Agriculture Working Group meeting in Chandigarh will be crucial for the final Draft on Agriculture of G20.